The Hush-98 comlink was a model of handheld comlink manufactured by SoroSuub Corporation. It featured a 100-kilometer (62-mile) range, variable frequencies, encoding, a sound-reproduction matrix, a reception antenna, and built-in silence projectors that allowed the user to maintain stealth. The Hush-98 was also capable of sending complex information, such as blood sample data. The comlink could be paired with SoroSuub's Imagecaster Personal Holoprojector in order to allow live broadcast or recording of holograms.
In the last decades of the Galactic Republic, the Hush-98 was commonly used by members of the Jedi Order. The Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn had one with him when he visited Tatooine during the Invasion of Naboo. After encountering Anakin Skywalker, a local boy whom he suspected of being the Chosen One, Jinn used his Hush-98 comlink to transmit a sample of the boy's blood for midi-chlorian analysis.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Hush-98 comlink)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 82
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Databank A-Z: Rush Clovis–Coruscant)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Databank A-Z: The HoloNet–General Hux)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 64 (Secrets of Spaceflight: Communications Devices)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 40 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Jedi Knights) (Picture only)
- "R2-D2" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Lightsabers and Jedi Equipment" – Star Wars Encyclopedia