- "Eriadu would be grateful for any help. Stability in the Seswenna could ease tensions all along the Hydian Way."
- ―Tarkin requests aid from Palpatine
The Hydian Way was a major hyperspace route in the galaxy. Beginning at Bonadan in the Corporate Sector, it ran inward to the Core Worlds and then back out to end at Imynusoph in the southern Outer Rim.
- "We shall reinforce our fleet along the Hydian Way. This should prevent Grievous from—"
- ―Jedi Master Plo Koon
The Core World of Corulag influenced the establishment of the route so that it would include the space around the Outer Rim planet Eriadu on its path in order to force the planet to produce shipments of lommite ore more regularly. Eriadu was later able to transform itself into a major trade world, partly due to the fact that it lay at the confluence of the Hydian Way and the Rimma Trade Route. When Wilhuff Tarkin, a young student of the Sullust Sector Spacefarers Academy, first met Senator Sheev Palpatine, he requested aid in enforcing law in the Greater Seswenna region around Eriadu as he believed doing so could ease tensions along the entire Hydian Way.
Much later in Tarkin's life, his personal corvette, the Carrion Spike, was stolen by a rebel cell who used it to attack several Imperial targets. While the ship was still at large, the Empire deployed additional forces along both the Hydian Way and the Rimma Trade Route in order to try and fend off further attacks.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival" (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game places Brentaal IV at the intersection of the Hydian Way and Perlemian Trade Route. As places Brentaal IV in the Bormea sector, both routes must pass through it.
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Tarkin
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ Dawn of Rebellion