- "Civilization. Well, Hyllyard City, anyway, which is about as close as this part of the planet gets to it."
- ―Mara Jade
Hyllyard City was located on the edge of a forest and accessible across the planet's plains, and was the only population center for more than a hundred kilometers in any direction. A frontier port town, Hyllyard consisted of a number of starship landing pits and numerous makeshift structures home to the planet's settlers. Its small houses and commercial buildings were crammed tightly together between narrow streets, while several wider avenues radiated outwards from the town center, like the spokes of a wheel. The center contained an open village square, measuring a fifteen-meter expanse, marked by a large, gray archway reaching ten meters high.
Hyllyard was colonized during the end of the Galactic Civil War. It remained the largest center of activity on the planet despite not being very popular, and was home to a relatively small amount of settlers. The unobtrusive port town became a haven for smugglers and other malcontents, including fugitives, as well as traders.
Five years after the Battle of Endor, during the era of the New Republic, Hyllyard was garrisoned by Grand Admiral Thrawn's forces. The city remained a haven until the Yuuzhan Vong War, when Myrkr was conquered and sundered by the Yuuzhan Vong.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising (Mentioned only)
- Vision of the Future (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia