Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Sharing its name with the human Hynestian race from the planet Hynestia, the Hynestian Star Cruiser was a class of starship that came into service by 35 ABY. It was equipped with two engines and six smaller engines at the rear of the vessel, with two at midship. It also featured a hyperdrive and two hangars, and several of the ships fighting at the Battle of Exegol were also painted in colored livery.
History[edit | edit source]
At the Battle of Exegol in 35 ABY, large scores of Hynestian Star Cruisers arrived at the Sith world as part of a citizens' fleet of volunteer civilians gathered by former Rebel Alliance and New Republic General Lando Calrissian from throughout the galaxy that took up arms to resist the Sith Eternal's attempt at galactic domination. Hynestian Star Cruisers were temporarily disabled above the embattled planet when the resurrected Galactic Emperor Darth Sidious, leader of the Sith Eternal, unleashed a torrent of Force lightning against the citizens' fleet during the battle, although the Sith were ultimately defeated shortly afterwards.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Hynestian Star Cruiser appeared in the 2019 sequel trilogy film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. It was identified by a name that originated from the film production in the 2020 video "Every Ship in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy," which was released by StarWarsKids.com as part of their Star Wars By the Numbers series.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Graphic Novel Adaptation
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Hynestian Star Cruiser)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Lando's Luck
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which is in turn dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Thus, it could be found that the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker took place in 35 ABY.