- "Believe the hype."
- ―Hype Fazon
Hype Fazon was a Rodian male pilot who served with Ace Squadron, a team of highly skilled starfighter pilots tasked with the defense of the Colossus refueling station during the era of the New Republic. Operating under the callsign "Ace One", Fazon piloted the starship Green Ace—an extravagant ship designed for speed and maximum maneuverability.
In addition, the Aces participated in the station's racing competitions, with Fazon developing his reputation as the squadron's top racer. His exceptional piloting skills attracted the attention of many high-end sponsors whose logos Fazon added to his ship's hull in return for their patronage. As his fame increased, Fazon also became known for his pomposity, bravado, and enormous ego.
- "Ace One to squadron, Light 'em up!"
- ―Hype Fazon
In the years following the Galactic Civil War, Hype Fazon resided on the ocean planet Castilon in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. During the era of the New Republic, Fazon became known as one of the most talented pilots on the Colossus, a large refueling station located on Castilon. In his early days on the Colossus, he was friends with fellow racer Tamara Ryvora. However, they fell out of contact after Fazon earned a place in Ace Squadron, a group of the best pilots on the platform. As the leader of the Aces, he had the callsign "Ace One". In addition, his personal starfighter was designated Green Ace due to its appearance and affiliation. Together, the Aces flew defense for the Colossus, and therefore, protected the platform from various threats to its security.
Like his teammates, Fazon competed in the Colossus' racing tournaments, which became the source of his fame. In time he became known as Ace Squadron's top racer, by 34 ABY he had not lost a race in two years. As his popularity increased, Fazon acquired the patronage of numerous high-end sponsors—including Aunt Z's Tavern and the Office of Acquisitions—a fact which Fazon advertised by covering his starship in their logos. As an Ace, he also participated in supply missions escorting in freighters. However, he refused to participate in any such missions involving the First Order.
During an attack by Kragan Gorr and his gang, Fazon joined fellow Aces Freya Fenris, Torra Doza and Bo Keevil in fighting the pirates off. Some time afterwards, as the Colossus was experiencing a power outage due to a fuel shortage, Fenris, Keevil and Griff Halloran went on a supply mission to escort in a fuel freighter belonging to the First Order. Fazon, as he usually did during missions involving them, instead went down to Aunt Z's Tavern, where he encountered Kazuda Xiono of Team Fireball, a colleague of his old friend Ryvora. Xiono, who was secretly a spy for the Resistance, had heard that Captain Imanuel Doza might be working for the First Order and was trying to figure out a way into Doza Tower, location of the Aces Lounge. Fazon spotted Ryvora sitting at Team Fireball's booth, but didn't get a chance to approach her.
Later, Fazon came across Ryvora and Xiono talking about him in the hallway, as Ryvora was listing off reasons she disliked Fazon. Wanting to repair their friendship, Fazon invited the two of them up to the Aces Lounge, an invitation Xiono was happy to accept. At the lounge, Fazon complimented Xiono on his performance in his solo race against Torra Doza. He shortly got into an argument with Ryvora about the Fireball, the old racing ship she was repairing, as he thought she would never become a star racer with a ship that old. This prompted Ryvora to leave alone, as Xiono had slipped off to do some spying.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "You can't handle the Hype!"
- ―Hype Fazon, to Bo Keevil
Hype Fazon was boastful, vain and pompous. He relished the fame that came with his reputation as the top racer of the Aces, a status that fueled his enormous ego and bravado. Despite his extravagance and pomposity, however, he cared about the well-being of his fellow Aces. He disliked the First Order, and refused to fly any supply missions involving them, considering their slowly-growing influence on the station a problem.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- "Hey everybody, look who it—oh, you know who it is!"
- ―Hype Fazon
Hype Fazon lived up to his reputation as the Aces' most talented racer, notwithstanding his ego, due to his exceptional piloting skills. The Green Ace was designed to be the perfect match for his pompous nature, having been plastered with the names and logos of his financial supporters. Beyond its extravagance, however, Fazon's racer boasted wings that could shift angles for maximum maneuverability while speeding through turns.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "It's one of the few times I've created a character around the person."
- ―Dave Filoni
Hype Fazon is a character created for the Star Wars Resistance animated series. He is voiced by Donald Faison, whose name and personality inspired the creation of Fazon. The majority of the logos he sports were designed and introduced in the series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels. Faison landed on the role after a conversation he had with Resistance showrunner Dave Filoni during the premiere of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, having Filoni saw an stop-motion animated short made by Faison entitled Black Stormtrooper, though Faison at first believed that Filoni didn't had him in mind after he wasn't called for Rebels.
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Triple Dark"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Fuel for the Fire" (Fighter only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The High Tower"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Synara's Score" (Fighter only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Platform Classic" (Picture only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Secrets and Holograms"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Unmotivated"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Need for Speed"
- Star Wars Resistance – "Sixty Seconds to Destruction"
- "All Aces Battle Royale"—Star Wars Adventures 16 (Fighter only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "Bibo"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Doza Dilemma"
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Disappeared"
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"
- (First pictured)
- (First identified as Hype Fazon)
- Star Wars Resistance: Meet the Pilots
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Resistance – "No Escape: Part 2"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars Resistance – "The High Tower"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "The Triple Dark"
- ↑ Star Wars Is BACK…. On TV with Star Wars Resistance!. Jedinews.co.uk. Retrieved on October 2, 2018.