Hyperdrive pods, also known as hyperspace pods, probot pods, or pod ships, were single-use hyperspace-capable pods that delivered probe droids to their destinations. Consisting of little more than a powerful hyperdrive and a sublight engine housed in a protective shield packed with sensors, such pods were designed to come down rapidly, mimicking a crashing meteorite in order to avoid detection. Cushioned snugly inside the pod with its arms retracted, the probe droid used an umbilical to monitor the status and location of its transport. To prevent damage to the droid, said umbilical was withdrawn right before landing. X3-13s were specialized hyperdrive pods used to deploy E-XD-series infiltrator droids.
- The High Republic: Into the Dark
- The High Republic: Into the Dark audiobook
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars (2015) 68
- Star Wars (2015) 69
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Screen Comix
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (First identified as Hyperdrive pod)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 9
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 29 (Highlights of the Saga: The Empire Strikes Back!)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Helmets: Hoth Rebel Soldier) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as pod ship)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 67 (Databank A-Z: Vibroblades–Cikatro Vizago)