A hypermatter reactor, or hypermatter power plant, was a type of starship and battle station reactor that generated power by destroying hypermatter. The cores of such reactors were usually insulated with exfoliating doonium and dolovite. The hypermatter reactor of the Death Star was an elaboration of the ones equipped on Star Destroyers and other Imperial vessels.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First identified as hypermatter reactor)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 12 (Highlights of the Saga: The Death Star)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections