- "The intense gravity of black holes and other interstellar forces cause warps, folds, and buckles in space. Asteroids and spaceships have tumbled into these space warps and have suddenly reappeared millions of miles away."
- ―Grand Moff Bertroff Hissa
A hyperspace wormhole was a tunnel in hyperspace itself that connected two realspace locations to one another. Though a rare sight, they were sometimes able to be used as a shortcut, allowing for faster than normal travel.
The use of a gravitic polarization beam could create hyperspace wormholes. Palpatine, in his work The Book of Anger, detailed how one could manipulate the dark side of the Force to create and control such wormholes. When the Emperor created a wormhole to swallow a New Republic fleet, the combined efforts of Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and the unborn Anakin Solo were able to defeat the Emperor and destroy the wormhole.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Lost Legion
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer (Mentioned only)
- Echoes of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: The Phantom Affair
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: In the Empire's Service (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Glove of Darth Vader
- Dark Empire (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Handbook 1: X-Wing Rogue Squadron
- Star Wars Handbook 3: Dark Empire
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side