- "I didn't need to be at the console to hack it [control module]. I just needed to be near it. Oh, of course, I also needed enough time for the remote hack to work. Which, I think you've given me enough just... about ... now."
- ―Sinjir Rath Velus demonstrating the power of a hyperwave transceiver
Hyperwave transceivers were secure transmitting devices used to transmit signals. During the liberation of Kashyyyk in 5 ABY, Sinjir Rath Velus used a hyperwave transceiver spike hidden in the heel of his boot to transmit signals which disrupted the control module which controlled the inhibitor chips that kept the Wookiee slaves on the planet docile. This sparked a planet-wide Wookiee uprising against Imperial rule.
- The High Republic Adventures 9
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
Notes and references
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and further dates Shara Bey and Kes Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in 5 ABY. The move is placed six months after the Battle of Endor by Before the Awakening. Since Aftermath: Life Debt is set just after Shadow Fall, which takes place around six months after the battle, the events of Life Debt must also occur in 5 ABY, around six months after the Battle of Endor.