- "I didn't need to be at the console to hack it [control module]. I just needed to be near it. Oh, of course, I also needed enough time for the remote hack to work. Which, I think you've given me enough just... about ... now."
- ―Sinjir Rath Velus demonstrating the power of a hyperwave transceiver
Hyperwave transceivers were secure transmitting devices used to transmit signals. During the liberation of Kashyyyk in 5 ABY, Sinjir Rath Velus used a hyperwave transceiver spike hidden in the heel of his boot to transmit signals which disrupted the control module which controlled the inhibitor chips that kept the Wookiee slaves on the planet docile. This sparked a planet-wide Wookiee uprising against Imperial rule.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and the events of Shattered Empire, Part IV, which take place three months after the battle, to 5 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Aftermath states that months have passed since the Battle of Endor, while Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath. Therefore, the events of Aftermath: Life Debt begin at least four months after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 5 ABY. Additionally, Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel, Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, thereby firmly placing Aftermath: Life Debt in 5 ABY.