- "It seems Jabba has been digging up the past. I pulled this off of his comm net once we gained control of Saleucami. Evidently he's found an old battle droid factory on Hypori that wasn't destroyed when the Republic raided it during the Clone Wars."
- ―Urai Fen
This droid factory was one of many droid factories owned and operated by the Confederacy of Independent Systems on Hypori, which produced thousands of battle droids for their war against the Republic.
The factory was discovered by Jedi Master Daakman Barrek and his Padawan Sha'a Gi, ensuing in the Battle of Hypori. This particular droid factory somehow survived the deactivation of the Separatist Droid Army by the Sith Lord Darth Vader in 19 BBY.
During the Galactic Civil War, the Hutt Cartel took an interest in this factory, and Jabba the Hutt hoped to use it to destroy Tyber Zann and his army. However, his plan was a failure due to Zann's tenacity. After that, Tyber would use Hypori's resources to produce droideka Mark IIs, powerful droids that would be used to spread his corruption across the galaxy.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 20" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 21"
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Gi Sha'a")