I2-CG droids were a model of droid. The plating on their barrel-shaped bodies was white, while their domed heads had silver plating with red detailing. In the year 34 ABY, the Abednedo laborer Roodown dragged a sled containing three non-functional I2-CG droids through Niima Outpost on the planet Jakku, passing the scavenger Rey as he did so. At some point Rey drew a picture of Roodown and the three droids in her survival guide.
Behind the scenes
I2-CG droids appeared in the 2015 sequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. They were not named in the film itself but were identified in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. I2-CGs were first mentioned in the Imperial Sourcebook, a Star Wars Legends supplement written by Greg Gorden for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and released in October 1989.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as I2-CG droid)
- Rey's Survival Guide (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, including the appearance of the I2-CG droids, take place in the year 34 ABY.
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Imperial Sourcebook