ILMxLAB is Lucasfilm Ltd.'s immersive entertainment studio. Founded in 2015, the studio creates virtual and mixed reality experiences that invite fans to step inside the worlds of their favorite stories. ILMxLAB has created VR projects like Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, Trials on Tatooine, the episodic VR experience Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series, and the mixed reality experiment Project Porg. The studio is currently working on Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge, scheduled for release in 2020.
Productions[edit | edit source]
- Jakku Spy (2015)
- The Force Awakens Immersive 360 Experience (2015)
- Star Wars: Trials on Tatooine (2016)
- Rogue One: Recon - A Star Wars 360 Experience (2016)
- Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay (2017)
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (2017)
- Reflections (2018, in cooperation with Nvidia and Epic Games)
- Star Wars: Project Porg (2019)
- Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run (2019)
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series  (2019)
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge (2020)
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Orland, Kyle (2018-03-21). Unreal Engine + $60,000 GPU = Amazing, real-time raytraced Star Wars. Ars Technica. Archived from the original on June 6, 2020. Retrieved on May 13, 2018.
- Champagne, Rick (2018-03-28). Walt Disney Imagineering, NVIDIA Develop New Tech to Enable Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Millennium Falcon Attraction for Disney Parks. Nvidia. Archived from the original on March 11, 2020.
- Maya Rudolph Joins Vader Immortal, and More News from Star Wars Celebration Chicago!. ILMxLAB (2019-04-12). Archived from the original on June 16, 2019. Retrieved on April 12, 2019.