The IM-6 Battlefield Medical Droid, also known simply as the IM-6 medic droid, was a model of globular medical droid used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. They were included with the emergency equipment carried aboard Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry gunships, and were used to complement the crews of All Terrain Tactical Enforcer walkers and attend to any injured clone trooper crewmen.
Behind the scenes
The IM-6 Battlefield Medical Droid was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon as the IM-6 medic droid in Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model, a 2017 Star Wars IncrediBuilds woodshop activity book written by Michael Kogge. The 2018 reference book Star Wars: Complete Vehicles later intoduced the name IM-6 Battlefield Medical Droid. The droid was originally created for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections, a 2002 Star Wars Legends reference book written by Curtis Saxton.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model (First mentioned) (First identified as IM-6 medic droid)
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles (First identified as IM-6 Battlefield Medical Droid)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles
- According to Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia, medical droids are classified as first class droids. As Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model classifies the IM-6 medic droid as a medical droid, it must therefore be a first class droid.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections