- "Ready to heal."
- ―An IM-6 battlefield medical droid
The IM-6 battlefield medical droid was a model of IM-series medical droid manufactured by Cybot Galactica. Widely employed, it was used by the Grand Army of the Republic and was perhaps the most versatile and advanced medical droid of the Clone Wars.
The IM-6 had advanced programming, numerous different tools for various purposes, repulsorlifts for easy maneuverability, internal drug and anesthetic reservoirs and no programming glitches that would cause it to break down in the middle of the most critical stage of an operation.
They were also small enough to be practical to carry on anything from gunships to AT-TE walkers to Victory I-class Star Destroyers and were complemented by emergency kits that expanded the droid's abilities even further.
IM-6s were able to zip around on the battlefield, using their nimble repulsorlifts to dodge enemy fire and drag wounded troops back to a position of safety where they could then be healed.
Their small size made them cheap, and many thousands were produced, making them one of the most prolific medical droids of all time. IM-6 units tended to have an eager personality, and tried to make healing and surgery as painless as possible. They usually had a soothing feminine voice with a raspy, synthesized trace.
Behind the scenesEdit
The IM-6 medical droid was voiced by Diane Michelle in the game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns. Like all the "good guys'" medical droids, the IM-6 units were friendly, eager, and focused on minimal pain, in contrast to the sadistic droids of the "bad guys."
The name "IM-6" is a portmanteau on the phrase "I am sick," alluding to the droid's medical capabilities.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (First appearance)
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 73 (ANA1, Jedi Temple Analysis Droids)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 88 (GUN4, Republic Attack Gunship)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "IM-6")
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Galaxy at War
- (First identified as IM-6 battlefield medical droid)
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles