The IMG-099 Imperial Mark IV patrol droid was a model of surveillance droid developed by the Imperial Department of Military Research. They were used by the Galactic Empire for scouting missions during the Galactic Civil War. The low-flying droids were equipped with efficient sensors and could record holographic images. Following a battle between the CR90 corvette Tantive IV and the Star Destroyer Devastator over Tatooine, the Empire dispatched Mark IVs to assist sandtroopers in looking for two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO, who carried stolen plans for the Death Star.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as IMG-099 Imperial Mark IV patrol droid)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z