The IMG-099 Imperial Mark IV patrol droid was a model of surveillance droid developed by the Imperial Department of Military Research. They were used by the Galactic Empire for scouting missions during the Galactic Civil War. The low-flying droids were equipped with efficient sensors and could record holographic images. Following a battle between the CR90 corvette Tantive IV and the Star Destroyer Devastator over Tatooine, the Empire dispatched Mark IVs to assist sandtroopers in looking for two droids who carried stolen plans for the Death Star, R2-D2 and C-3PO.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as IMG-099 Imperial Mark IV patrol droid)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z