The IN-344-B "Sightline" holographic imaging system was a key component in several targeting computers manufactured by Fabritech, including the ANq 3.6 tracking computer found on Rebel Alliance T-65 X-wing starfighters, BTL-A4 Y-wing starfighters, and RZ-1 A-wing interceptors.
The device simplified what could be seen by the pilot, making computer-assisted targeting a much easier task. However, it also possessed a chance of causing a near-miss, as evidenced by Garven Dreis, the "Red Leader" of Red Squadron during the Battle of Yavin, firing off two proton torpedoes at the thermal exhaust port during the trench run upon getting a lock, but instead hit some yards away from the exhaust port.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment
- The Stele Chronicles
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Rebel Forces
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles