- "Well, here I am. Tell me about this new weapon."
"You're looking at it."
"I'm looking at what?"
"Two steps forward and you'd actually be kissing it. It's a stealth ship."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
The IPV-2C Stealth Corvette was an experimental vessel developed by the Galactic Republic and manufactured by Sienar Design Systems during the Clone Wars. Equipped with a cloaking device that rendered it invisible, the prototype stealth ship was used during the Battle of Christophsis by Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. Originally tasked with sneaking past the Separatist blockade of the planet to deliver relief supplies to Senator Bail Organa on the surface, Skywalker instead used the ship to bring down Separatist Admiral Trench's command ship, the Invincible. Skywalker, Clone Commander "Blackout," CT-1284 "Spark," and the crew of the ship tried to attack Trench's ship, but beforehand, Admiral Trench found that the ship's magnetic signature could be tracked, so it was not completely undetectable. However, when he launched tracking torpedoes that followed the ship's magnetic signature, Skywalker flew close to the Invincible's bridge, causing the torpedoes to take out Trench's own ship. The cloaking technology's enormous expense and maintenance requirements discouraged the Galactic Republic Navy from commissioning additional stealth ships.
The stealth ship had a modular hull and twenty eight cloak projectors. It was armed with two anti-aircraft laser cannon turrets, one each in the dorsal and ventral sides, and four proton torpedo launcher at the front. The stealth ship was also equipped with flares and had two sensor rectennas, one dorsal and one ventral.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Databank A-Z: C-21–Chandrila) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Rise of the Separatists (First identified as IPV-2C Stealth Corvette)
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition