Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Imperial I-class and Imperial II-class Star Destroyers each carried two ISD-72x generators/sensor arrays. The shield projector vanes were positioned in a crown formation around the command tower's sensor globes. The vanes projected both ray and particle shields and were scattered along the "crown", one function per vane.
This deflector shield required a massive amount of energy, drawn from the Star Destroyer's main reactor via power generators located deep within the command tower. Thick armor protected the sensor banks from impacts, but the globes were vulnerable to suicide attacks from small starships or missile weapons such as concussion missiles or proton torpedoes from starfighters.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars, the CIS used one of these shield generators at Saleucami. A larger version of the ISD-72x was developed for use aboard Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts and other Imperial Super Star Destroyers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Deflector Shield Generators)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 11 (STA4, Imperial Star Destroyer)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 43 (SHI3-4, Energy Shields)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "ISD-72x")