- "…there's something I've always found interesting about this model of interrogation droid. It typically isn't programmed to know anything about a prisoner. All it knows is that you're the one in the cell—and that means you must be the interview subject. I've had prisoners break when no one's there to listen. They think they're talking to the droid, but it doesn't hear them. You can tell it anything and it doesn't care. It'll just keep working on you until someone tells it to stop."
- ―Captain Khione
- "Oh hello, IT-O. Big fan of your work."
Developed in secret by the Imperial Department of Military Research, IT-Os were used by the Galactic Empire to extract information from prisoners through the use of mind probes. Jedi, however, were known to have been trained to resist mind probes, requiring the use of other methods to procure information from them. One IT-O droid was used to interrogate Kanan Jarrus aboard Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's Star Destroyer Sovereign. However, torture was eventually handed over to The Grand Inquisitor. Another IT-O was used aboard the Death Star to extract information from Princess Leia Organa, although she proved to have considerable resistance to the mind probe. The IT-O was later deployed on Yavin 4 during the Empire's cleanup operations at the former Alliance base.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Zander's Joyride"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Escape from Coruscant"
- These torture-inducing droids can be very effective at extracting information.. Star Wars Rebels (February 27, 2015). Retrieved on February 28, 2015. (screenshot) (First identified as IT-O Interrogation Unit)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Databank A-Z: Dengar–Domino Squad) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ These torture-inducing droids can be very effective at extracting information.. Star Wars Rebels (February 27, 2015). Retrieved on February 28, 2015. (screenshot)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- ↑ Battle to the End
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Alphabet Squadron
- ↑ Doctor Aphra 3