- "…there's something I've always found interesting about this model of interrogation droid. It typically isn't programmed to know anything about a prisoner. All it knows is that you're the one in the cell—and that means you must be the interview subject. I've had prisoners break when no one's there to listen. They think they're talking to the droid, but it doesn't hear them. You can tell it anything and it doesn't care. It'll just keep working on you until someone tells it to stop."
- ―Captain Khione
- "Oh hello, IT-O. Big fan of your work."
Developed in secret by the Imperial Department of Military Research, IT-Os were used by the Galactic Empire to extract information from prisoners through the use of mind probes. Jedi, however, were known to have been trained to resist mind probes, requiring the use of other methods to procure information from them. One IT-O droid was used to interrogate Kanan Jarrus aboard Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's Star Destroyer Sovereign. However, torture was eventually handed over to The Grand Inquisitor. Another IT-O was used aboard the Death Star to extract information from Princess Leia Organa, although she proved to have considerable resistance to the mind probe. The IT-O was later deployed on Yavin 4 during the Empire's cleanup operations at the former Alliance base.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Age of Rebellion - Darth Vader 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Appears in flashback(s))
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode I
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars: Heroes Path
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC)
- "Change of Heart"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Of MSE-6 and Men"—From a Certain Point of View
- Darth Vader 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 26
- Doctor Aphra 3
- Star Wars 36
- Doctor Aphra 20
- Star Wars 60
- Target Vader 5
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Alphabet Squadron
- Star Wars: Uprising
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 3"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Zander's Joyride"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Escape from Coruscant"
- These torture-inducing droids can be very effective at extracting information.. Star Wars Rebels (February 27, 2015). Retrieved on February 28, 2015. (First identified as IT-O Interrogation Unit)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Droidography
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ These torture-inducing droids can be very effective at extracting information.. Star Wars Rebels (February 27, 2015). Retrieved on February 28, 2015. (screenshot)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- ↑ Battle to the End
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Alphabet Squadron
- ↑ Doctor Aphra 3