- "Three scrumptious, thick slices of egg-dipped Iktotchian gravelwheat bread cooked golden brown and dusted with powdered Christophsian sugar. Served piping hot with bantha butter and carbosyrup."
- ―The menu at Dex's description of the toast
Iktotch toast was a type of toast made using thick slices of egg-dipped Iktotchian gravelwheat bread that had been cooked golden brown and powdered with Christophsian sugar. The toast was served warm as a breakfast dish on the planet Coruscant in the eatery known as Dex's Diner, where it was prepared using a robo-griddle. Dexter Jettster, the diner's Besalisk chef and owner, enjoyed and served the dish, which included three slices of toast, with bantha butter and carbosyrup, for 4.7 credits. The price also included a breakfast side of the customer's choice, and for an additional charge of 1 credit, the toast would be served with ettel nuts or zoochberries. The toast was served at Dex's at some point prior to the eatery's destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's rule. Iktotch was a moon of the planet Iktotchon in the Expansion Region and home to the Iktotchi species.
Behind the scenesEdit
Iktotch toast was first mentioned in the 2009 StarWars.com Hyperspace exclusive article, Dining at Dex's, which was written by Gregory Walker as an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner. The article did not make clear what connection there was between the toast and the planet it shared its name with.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ The Last of the Jedi: Underworld established that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The Essential Reader's Companion later stated that the novel took place around the year 18 BBY. The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was formed in 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Alien Species , p. 84