An immunity sphere referred to territory during the Imperial Period where the Galactic Empire was not allowed to enter by the people within that territory, usually with a tax and possibly other favors to maintain the sphere in return. A notable example of an immunity sphere was The Wheel, where administrator Simon Greyshade maintained it under the condition that he pay taxes to the Empire and have an anti-alien bias on the Wheel's patrons.
Another possible example of an immunity sphere was the Corporate Sector, and by extension the Corporate Sector Authority, as the Imperial Military's official field guide, the Imperial Handbook, mentioned that the Corporate Sector was largely established to allow for corporate competition with no interference from even the Empire and implied that this was the reason it had a booming economy.
- Star Wars 18: The Empire Strikes
- Star Wars 19: The Ultimate Gamble
- Star Wars 20: Deathgame
- Star Wars 21: Shadow of a Dark Lord
- Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator
- Star Wars 23: Flight Into Fury
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide (Indirect mention only)