The Impavid was a Star Destroyer that served within the naval forces of the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars against the Separatist Alliance. It carried a complement of clone troopers. In 19 BBY, the Impavid participated in the Republic's defense of the government capital world of Coruscant in the Core Worlds, following an unprecedented assault launched by Kaleesh Separatist General Grievous in an attempt to kidnap Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. During the battle, several of the Star Destroyer's clone troopers, under the command of Jedi General Saesee Tiin, launched from the warship to the Confederacy's Providence-class Dreadnought Prosperous, resulting in the latter's capture.
Behind the scenes
The Impavid was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the fifty-eighth issue of De Agostini's Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon magazine, published around February 10, 2016. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Impavid was introduced as a Venator-class Star Destroyer in the twenty-third episode of the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series, which aired on March 26, 2005. It was then identified in the StarWars.com Databank entry for Saesee Tiin.
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 58 (Secrets of Spaceflight: Environment Suits) (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 58 (Secrets of Spaceflight: Environment Suits)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The second issue of the De Agostini weekly magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon was set to be published on January 14, 2015, according to Therefore, it can be calculated that Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 58 was published around February 10, 2016.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"