- "The show is part of it. The galaxy is a myriad, wonderful place. It is home to such wild miscellany. Present here is individuality. Something the Empire, I feel, has missed. If there is to be any kind of treaty, it is vital we preserve what makes life in this galaxy special. It is critical we preserve all of what you will see on display. All ways of existence. All the choices for all of us."
- ―Chancellor Mothma hosting Grand Admiral Sloane
In 5 ABY, the New Republic and Galactic Empire arranged for peace talks to be held in Hanna City on the world of Chandrila. With the approval of Fleet Admiral Gallius Rax, Grand Admiral Rae Sloane contacted Chancellor Mon Mothma and Fleet Admiral Ackbar to negotiate peace. However, this was merely a ruse for Rax's planned attack on Chandrila. Before the talks could take place, Rax's agent Windom Traducier activated the former Ashmead's Lock inmates controller chips, who involuntarily attacked New Republic officials. This turned the New Republic leadership against any idea of ending the Civil War through diplomacy. Disagreeing with Rax's tactics, Sloane and the former Ashmead's Lock prisoner Brentin Lore Wexley joined forces to stop Rax, who mustered the remaining Imperial forces for a showdown at Jakku.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and further dates Shara Bey and Kes Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in 5 ABY. The move is placed six months after the Battle of Endor by Before the Awakening. Since Aftermath: Life Debt is set just after Shadow Fall, which takes place around six months after the battle, the events of Life Debt must also occur in 5 ABY, around six months after the Battle of Endor.