- "Years ago, when the Empire became aware of Voss, the Emperor sent the military to lay siege to the planet. The visionaries thwarted what they foresaw to be a simple attempt to conquer."
- ―Servant One
The Imperial Attack on Voss was an event that occurred in approximately 3645 BBY, during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. Upon learning that the recently-discovered planet Voss was inhabited by the Force-sensitive Voss species, who had powerful foresight abilities, the Sith Emperor ordered the Imperial Military to conquer the planet. General Khypes arrived in orbit with a battlecruiser and several army divisions in order to demand a surrender, having been alerted that the Voss capital of Voss-Ka was undefended. However, Khypes' cruiser exploded before he could contact the planet, and the ship's escorts were destroyed moments later. During this time, the agents of the Emperor's Hand kidnapped a Voss from the surface for the Emperor's own purposes. Realizing that they had underestimated the Voss, the Empire declared that Khypes had gone rogue, and both the Empire and the Republic began making diplomatic overtures to the Voss. The Jedi Council declined to assist in the negotiations, perceiving the Mystics to be "grey Force-users", who don't believe in light and dark sides of the Force, and that they have more in common with the Sith in being rulers of their society.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Imperial Attack on Voss was first mentioned on the official site of the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it was given a name and further background in the game itself and The Old Republic's in-game Codex.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only and Codex entry) (First identified as Imperial Attack on Voss)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "Paying Respects" on Voss establishes that the imposter Bas-Ton has been on Voss for five years, and he was sent there to infiltrate Voss society after the Sith Empire's invasion of the planet failed. Additionally, Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the events of Act III, which include Voss, in approximately 3640 BBY; thus, the invasion of Voss occurred in approximately 3645 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Warrior Mission: "Request An Audience" on Voss
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "The Imperial Attack on Voss"