The Imperial Dropship Transport (IDT) was a model of armored dropship used by the Galactic Empire. Resembling the Low Altitude Assault Transports of the Galactic Republic, it entered service early in the Imperial Era.
The Imperial Drophsip Transport (or IDT for short) was an armored dropship that had open sides and was equipped with loudhailers. It shared structural similarities with the Low Altitude Assault Transports used by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars.
The IDT was already in service early in the Imperial Era. In around 18 BBY, the Imperial forces garrisoned on the planet Agaris used at least one such ship, which was notably deployed during the attempt to apprehend the fugitives Milo and Lina Graf. It was said that not much inspired fear in Rebel Alliance soldiers more than the sight of a fleet of IDTs on the horizon, brimming with stormtroopers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial Dropship Transport made its first canonical appearance in Star Wars: Commander, a mobile strategy game which was developed by Disney Interactive and released on August 21, 2014 for iOS devices. However, it was created for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a Legends video game that was released on September 16, 2008.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal, Ezra Bridger is an infant. Since Ezra was born on the first Empire Day (which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas cites as 19 BBY), the Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space series (the books of which take place in close proximity to each other) must be set around 18 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars™: Commander. Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. dcpi.disney.com. Archived from the original on February 4, 2017. Retrieved on February 4, 2017.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed