- "Note in the official record that we will be referred to in history as the Imperial Future Council, or the IFC."
- ―Admiral Rae Sloane
The Imperial Future Council, or IFC, was a group of high ranking officials of the fragmenting Galactic Empire who met on the planet Akiva after the Battle of Endor to decide the future of the Empire. They included financier Arsin Crassus, General Jylia Shale, Imperial adviser Yupe Tashu, Grand Moff Valco Pandion, and Admiral Rae Sloane. The members of this council could not come to an agreement on most issues, forcing Sloane, the leader and organizer of the meeting, to often make decisions on her own without the full consensus of the group.
When Rebel affiliates and New Republic forces discovered the meeting, they set about to disrupt it, causing it to fall apart. Part of this involved rallying the citizens of Akiva, who were angry at Imperial control. The Empire lost control of the planet after the leaders of the IFC were forced to flee. In the space above Akiva, the Imperial fleet was attacked by a New Republic fleet under Commander Kyrsta Agate. Crassus and Pandion were killed while Shale and Tashu were captured by the New Republic. Sloane was the only member of the defunct IFC to escape, retreating to the Imperial fleet.
- Aftermath (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath audiobook)
- Aftermath audiobook
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Indirect mention only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 26 (Databank A-Z: Imperial Future Council–Inquisitorius)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines