- "Sir, Imperial Command has already contacted us. It's… it's Lord Vader, sir. He wishes to speak to you. Personally."
- ―An Imperial officer, to the admiral of the Harbinger
Imperial High Command, also known as Imperial Command, High Command, or simply as IHC, was a command division in the Galactic Empire. It was led by a Supreme Commander who reported directly to Emperor Palpatine, created the goals for the Imperial Military, and was briefed daily by the Joint Chiefs, despite that Imperial High Command was structured beneath the Joint Chiefs. Following the Battle of Yavin, Grand General Cassio Tagge was promoted to Supreme Commander by Palpatine himself due to his foresight regarding the weakness of the first Death Star. The Sith Lord Darth Vader and Grand Admiral Thrawn were members of Imperial High Command. It had at least one subdivision, which developed new strategies and tactics as part of the Empire's five-year plans for the Outer Rim Territories.
- "Look sharp, This factory is being honored by a surprise visit from Imperial High Command."
- ―Agent Alexsandr Kallus, to a group of workers in the Imperial Armory Complex on Lothal
The Imperial High Command was a command division of the Galactic Empire. During his time at the Academy for Young Imperials, while pretending to be a model cadet, Zare Leonis secretly provided information about Imperial Command to the Spectres. According to Minister Maketh Tua of Lothal, Imperial Command was not able to take action against Rebel-sympathizers who had powerful friends in the Imperial Senate.
In 2 BBY,[source?] Imperial High Command dispatched Grand Admiral Thrawn to the Imperial Armory Complex on Lothal to investigate a high rate of faulty vehicles. Thrawn determined that a rebel cell had been sabotaging the vehicles and executed the laborer and resistance agent Morad Sumar during a demonstration on a 614-AvA speeder bike. Following the presumed destruction of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Harbinger by the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader personally contacted the Star Destroyer's admiral.
Behind the scenesEdit
Imperial High Command was first mentioned in the reference book Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide. While its place within the greater command structure of the Galactic Empire has not been fully established in canon, it was said in Star Wars 22 that Darth Vader was a member of Imperial Command. The High Command was also briefly mentioned by the Imperial officer Plumestriker in the non-canon 2016 Disney XD television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures episode "Showdown on Hoth".
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Darth Vader 2 establishes that Cassio Tagge was given the rank of Grand General and placed in charge of the Imperial Military. Since the individual in command of the Imperial Military is the Supreme Commander per Dawn of Rebellion, it can be deduced that Grand General Tagge was the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Military. Since the Supreme Commander is the leader of Imperial High Command of the Joint Chiefs according to Dawn of Rebellion, Cassio Tagge must lead Imperial High Command and be part of the Joint Chiefs. and
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- ↑ Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars 22
- ↑ Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas lists 19 BBY as the year the Galactic Republic transformed into the Galactic Empire. Therefore, the Republic High Command must have transitioned into the Imperial High Command during or after 19 BBY.
- ↑ Before the Awakening
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"