Imperial Munitions was a corporation and subsidiary of the Imperial Department of Military Research. As a holding company, Imperial Munitions produced from a diverse portfolio of products, but also served the political function of protecting Imperial manufacturing interests from dissension or sale.
When Czerka Arms came under suspicion from providing the Rebel Alliance with arms, the firm sought an exclusive production contract with the Empire to clear its name. In the years to follow, other products were added via nationalized firms, exclusive contracts through existing partnerships, and internally produced products.
Without a thread of order to hold the corporate entity together, Imperial Munitions collapsed into its individual segments as the Empire fell, leaving an array of factories and firms with elements of Imperial technology.
- "Laughter after Dark"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Mentioned only)
- "Rogue Elements"—The Kathol Rift (Mentioned only)
- "Endgame"—Endgame (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- Creatures of the Galaxy
- The Kathol Outback
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Rogues Gallery: The Cloud City Wing Guards"—Star Wars Insider 148