- "Be careful there. They don't like visitors unless you're an Imperial. Better than being a Nyax follower! Eh. May as well be the same thing."
- ―Lock Vlash, to a spacer
Description[edit | edit source]
The Stronghold consisted of seven single-story, bunker-like structures, five watch towers, and three landing pads. The majority of the Stronghold was surrounded by a metal wall. It was patrolled and staffed by Triumphant-class dark troopers, non-commissioned officers, Imperial troopers, stormtroopers, and other specialized stormtroopers, such as stormtrooper medics and assault troopers. TIE pilots were also present amongst the Stronghold's two TIE/LN starfighters, one TIE/sa bomber, and one Lambda-class T-4a shuttle. An Imperial Surface Marshal staffed the office of one of the Stronghold's buildings.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Look... the Empire has set up shop a little ways up the road. Let's just say they know of me and won't let me within 1000m of the place. You though can get a good look around there, then one day when I run a story on it, I'll look you up, got it? Here's where you can find it."
- ―An excited journalist, to a spacer
The base was built and used by the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War between the Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. The Empire had gone to great lengths to construct this outpost.
After the Battle of Yavin, very few Corellians knew the exact location of the base and the reason it was constructed. A journalist from Tyrena attempted to investigate the stronghold but he was repelled by Imperial authorities. The excited journalist later tried to recruit a spacer to infiltrate the base in order to find out more about its purpose. The former Follower of Nyax Lock Vlash was also among the few to known the existence of the base.
Circa 1 ABY, the Imperial Stronghold had become a contested hotspot in the Galactic Civil War and Imperial and Rebel forces fought several times for the control of the base. Rebel forces managed to capture the base several times but Imperial forces had always taken it back. Around the same time, a spacer managed to infiltrate the Stronghold and stole Scout trooper armor boots.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Imperial Stronghold appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. With the release of the "Publish 1" update on August 3, 2003, the Imperial Stronghold was turned into a "Factional NPC Base". Groups of Rebel players could attack Imperial NPCs and achieve several objectives to take control of the base.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Stronghold" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "Excited Journalist" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "Lock Vlash" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Collection: "Lost Imperial Scout Trooper Armor"