At some point, the base was raided by Commander Ryden's rebel cell, who had secret headquarters on Imvur. Viggen sought to enact vengeance by tracking down the rebels to their base and attacking them. Although the Imperials could not prevent Ryden and his men from escaping in an evac ship, the rebel headquarters were abandoned. Some time later, six cadets from an Imperial Academy and their supervisor were dispatched to the Imvur base.
Behind the scenes
The Imperial base commanded by Viggen was first mentioned in "Vulnerable Areas," a comic strip written by Martin Fisher and drawn by Bob Molesworth that was published in the seventeenth issue of the Star Wars Rebels Magazine. Although the story specified that the rebel base was located on Imvur, the location of Viggen's base was not revealed.
In "Academy Cadets," written by Fisher and illustrated by Eva Widermann for the Star Wars Rebels Magazine 18, an Imperial "base at Imvur" and its C.O. were mentioned. Since then, Martin Fisher has confirmed on Twitter that Viggen's base and the one established on Imvur were indeed the same.
- "Vulnerable Areas"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 17 (First mentioned)
- "Academy Cadets"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 18 (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Academy Cadets"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 18
- ↑ The events of this article take place in or between "Empire Day," which marks the beginning of the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin; and "A Princess on Lothal," which is the first known episode to take place in the third year before the Battle of Yavin. As such, we can deduce that this event takes place in the fourth year before the Battle of Yavin. For more information, see Wookieepedia's Timeline of Star Wars Rebels Events.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 screenshot) (
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Vulnerable Areas"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 17