- "Roll forward. Crush everything ahead of us."
- ―Jimmon Arbmab, an Imperial combat assault tank commander
Imperial combat assault tank commanders, also known as tank troopers, were specialized vehicle commanders who commanded the Imperial combat assault tank pilots piloting TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" combat assault tanks from the assault tank's command seat, which provided a view of the surrounding area. Tank commanders stayed in contact with their crew and headquarters to keep updated on changing combat conditions. Under Imperial occupation, the streets of Jedha were patrolled by Imperial combat assault tanks, which were operated by combat drivers and a tank commander.
In 0 BBY, a TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" combat assault tank was present in the Holy City of Jedha were it was led by First Sergeant Jimmon Arbmab. It was shipping kyber crystals for the Death Star but Saw Gerrera's rebel group ambushed it and took the kyber crystals.
Behind the scenesEdit
Imperial combat assault tank commanders were created and developed for the 2016 film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. They were first revealed with the teaser trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, on April 7, 2016.
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Occupation"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One Adaptation 2
- Doctor Aphra 3
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (First identified as Imperial combat assault tank commander)