- "The speeder's wrecked, Ben…but its gun crew's still firing! Those little guys will be slaughtered!"
- ―Luke Skywalker, in reference to a disabled Imperial patrol speeder
The Imperial patrol speeder was a model of repulsortank used by the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. Luke Skywalker and an Obi-Wan Kenobi impersonator encountered one while travelling to the Iron Tower on the planet Aridus.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- "The Imperials in that speeder aren't interested in anything but blasting on sight!"
- ―Luke Skywalker
A model of repulsortank, the Imperial patrol speeder was armed with a turret-mounted laser cannon and eight ball-mounted blaster cannons, two front-facing and three on either side of the vehicle, operated by a gun crew. The patrol speeder's main thruster was its weak spot and the repulsortank would be rendered uncontrollable if it was damaged. In addition, if its power cells were damaged, the vehicle would explode.
Role[edit | edit source]
- "Ben…there are other defenses! We've been spotted by an Imperial patrol speeder!"
- ―Luke Skywalker, to an Obi-Wan Kenobi impersonator
Imperial patrol speeder were used for patrol and defense.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Galactic Civil War, Imperial patrol speeders were used by the Galactic Empire to defend the Iron Tower on the planet Aridus. In the year 0 ABY, one of these vehicles spotted and attacked Luke Skywalker and an Imperial impersonating Obi-Wan Kenobi while they were approaching the Iron Tower. Its main thruster damaged was by several Chubbit rebels, though its gunners were still able to fire its weapons. The imposter was then able to destroy the Imperial patrol speeder by touching his lightsaber to its power cells.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Imperial patrol speeder was originally created for the Star Wars Legends newspaper comic strip The Return of Ben Kenobi, written by Archie Goodwin and penciled by Al Williamson, which ran from May 17 to July 25, 1982.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Return of Ben Kenobi (First appearance)