Imperial remnants, also known as Imperial holdouts, were the various fractured organizations—factions, states, fiefdoms, and holdouts—that came into existence upon the dissolution of the Galactic Empire in 5 ABY as well as after the death of Emperor Palpatine during the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY. These factions, some of which existed for years following the end of the Galactic Civil War, include:
Post-Endor remnants[edit | edit source]
After the death of Emperor Palpatine at the Battle of Endor, several Imperial factions split away from the Empire to hold over their own territories while others fell to infighting in vying for power and control over the Empire in the vacuum caused by the Emperor's death, causing the Empire to fracture and fragment.
- Chadawan government, an Imperial rogue faction led by Governor Bordanivaux and supported by Colonel Madrighast.
- Imperial territory G5-623, an Imperial remnant led by Grand Moff Lozen Tolruck.
- Imperial-Royalist coalition, a coalition that became a remnant of the Empire and was located on Xagobah.
- Kenner Loring's faction, an Imperial remnant on Malastare led by Grand General Kenner Loring.
- Ubrik Adelhard's Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant in the Anoat sector led by Governor Ubrik Adelhard.
- Velcar Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Governor Ecressys in the Velcar sector.
- Royen's fleet, an Imperial remnant fleet controlled by Moff Royen that was located in the Red Hand Cluster.
- Visler Korda's faction, the remnant led by Commodore Visler Korda.
- Yomo Council, a remnant that broke away from the Empire and refused to acknowledge Grand Vizier Mas Amedda and the loyalist forces.
Post-Civil War remnants[edit | edit source]
After the civil war ended, several Imperial successor states and holdouts would emerge, some of which would settle for peace with the New Republic, while others rebelled against the new galactic government in the galaxy.
- Gideon's Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Moff Gideon.
- Imperial remnant (cold war), an Imperial remnant active during the Cold War, which became the First Order.
- Imperial remnant (Core and Inner Rim), an Imperial remnant and naval force located in the Core Worlds and Inner Rim.
- Jakku Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant formed on Jakku that continued fighting in the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY after the signing of the Galactic Concordance.
- Morak Imperial remnants, a group of Imperial remnants based on the planet Morak.
- Queluhan Nebula Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Grand Moff Randd in the Queluhan Nebula.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Imperial Remnant, a successor of the Galactic Empire from 12 ABY in the Legends continuity.
- Empire Reborn, another successor of the Galactic Empire from 4 ABY in the Legends continuity.
- Empire of the Hand, another successor to the Galactic Empire in Legends continuity.
- Separatist holdouts similarly came into existence upon the dissolution of the Confederacy of Independent Systems in Canon and Legends continuity.
This is a disambiguation page—a navigational aid that lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.