Imperial remnants, also known as Imperial holdouts, were the various fractured organizations—factions, states, fiefdoms, and holdouts—that came into existence upon the dissolution of the Galactic Empire in 5 ABY as well as after the death of Emperor Palpatine during the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY. These factions, some of which existed for years following the end of the Galactic Civil War, include:
After the death of Emperor Palpatine at the Battle of Endor, several Imperial factions split away from the Empire to hold over their own territories while others fell to infighting in vying for power and control over the Empire in the vacuum caused by the Emperor's death, causing the Empire to fracture and fragment.
- Chadawan government — an Imperial rogue faction led by Governor Bordanivaux and supported by Colonel Madrighast based on the world Chadawa.
- Imperial-Royalist coalition — a remnant of the Empire that was a coalition and was located on Xagobah.
- Imperial territory G5-623 — an Imperial remnant led by Grand Moff Lozen Tolruck based on the Mid Rim world of Kashyyyk.
- Kenner Loring's faction — an Imperial remnant on Malastare led by Grand General Kenner Loring.
- Moff Royen's fleet — an Imperial remnant fleet controlled by Moff Royen that was located in the Red Hand Cluster.
- Ubrik Adelhard's Imperial remnant — an Imperial remnant in the Anoat sector led by Governor Ubrik Adelhard.
- Velcar Imperial remnant — an Imperial remnant led by Governor Ecressys in the Velcar sector.
- Visler Korda's faction — the remnant led by Commodore Visler Korda and situated on Rekkana.
- Yomo Council — a remnant that broke away from the Empire and refused to acknowledge Grand Vizier Mas Amedda and the loyalist forces. The council led by Governor Brashan and General Tuluh in Fedovoi End.
New Republic Era remnants
After the civil war ended, several Imperial successor states and holdouts would emerge, some of which would settle for peace with the New Republic, while others rebelled against the new galactic government in the galaxy
- Gideon's Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Moff Gideon by 9 ABY. The Nevarro Imperial base was one location used by the remnant.
- Inner systems' Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant and navy located in the Core Worlds, Colonies, and Inner Rim. The remnant fragmented and became the Centrists faction within the New Republic Senate.
- Jakku Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant formed on Jakku that continued fighting in the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY for months after the signing of the Galactic Concordance.
- Morak Imperial remnants, a group of Imperial remnants based on the mining planet Morak.
- Queluhan Nebula Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Grand Moff Randd in the Queluhan Nebula.
Cold War remnants
- Imperial remnant (cold war), an Imperial remnant active during the Cold War, which became the First Order.
- Imperial Remnant, a continuation and de facto successor of the Galactic Empire from 12 ABY in the Legends continuity.
- Separatist holdouts similarly came into existence upon the dissolution of the Confederacy of Independent Systems in Canon and Legends continuity.
This is a disambiguation page—a navigational aid that lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.