Imperial remnants were the various fractured organizations—factions, states, fiefdoms, and holdouts—that came into existence upon the dissolution of the Galactic Empire in 5 ABY as well as after the death of Emperor Palpatine during the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY. These factions, some of which existed for years following the end of the Galactic Civil War, include:
Post-Endor remnants[edit | edit source]
After the death of Emperor Palpatine at the Battle of Endor, several Imperial factions split away from the Empire to hold over their own territories while others fell to infighting in vying for power and control over the Empire in the vacuum caused by the Emperor's death, causing the Empire to fracture and fragment.
- Imperial territory G5-623, an Imperial remnant led by Grand Moff Lozen Tolruck.
- Jakku Imperial remnant, a large Imperial remnant led by Counselor to the Empire Gallius Rax based on Jakku that participated in the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY.
- Kenner Loring's faction, an Imperial remnant on Malastare led by Grand General Kenner Loring.
- Ubrik Adelhard's Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant in the Anoat sector led by Governor Ubrik Adelhard.
- Velcar Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Governor Ecressys in the Velcar sector.
- Royen's fleet, an Imperial remnant fleet controlled by Moff Royen.
- Visler Korda's faction, the remnant led by Commodore Visler Korda.
Post-Civil War remnants[edit | edit source]
After the civil war ended, several Imperial successor states and holdouts would emerge, some of which would settle for peace with the New Republic, while others rebelled against the new galactic government in the galaxy.
- Gideon's Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Moff Gideon.
- Imperial remnant (cold war), an Imperial remnant active during the Cold War.
- Imperial remnant (Core and Inner Rim), an Imperial remnant and naval force located in the Core Worlds and Inner Rim.
- Morak Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant established on the planet Morak.
- Queluhan Nebula Imperial remnant, an Imperial remnant led by Grand Moff Randd in the Queluhan Nebula.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Imperial Remnant, a successor of the Galactic Empire from 12 ABY in the Legends continuity.
- Empire Reborn, another successor of the Galactic Empire from 4 ABY in the Legends continuity.
- Empire of the Hand, another successor to the Galactic Empire in Legends continuity.
- Separatist holdouts similarly came into existence upon the dissolution of the Confederacy of Independent Systems in Canon and Legends continuity.
This is a disambiguation page—a navigational aid that lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.