Imperial shock troopers were specialized stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire that served as elite troopers on the front lines of combat as well as security for Imperial Center and Emperor Palpatine. They were typically armed with heavy weapons.
Imperial shock troopers were high-class stormtroopers pulled from the Stormtrooper Corps of the Galactic Empire. They served as elite frontline forces of the Empire, high-end security forces on Coruscant, and also as bodyguards for Emperor Palpatine himself. They specialized in heavy weapons on the battlefield. They were the successors to the clone shock troopers who were part of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.
Following the initiation of Order 66, Imperial shock troopers under the command of CC-1010 "Fox" were patrolling the grounds of Coruscant when Jedi Master and librarian Jocasta Nu ran into the squad and used a Jedi mind trick on them in order to pass through. She then proceeded to enter into a secret doorway which led into the Jedi Temple. As events unfolded on Coruscant, Commander Fox mistakenly ordered his troopers to open fire on the Sith Lord Darth Vader, believing him to be a fleeing Jedi. An enraged Vader then strangled Fox by way of the Force for his ineptitude. Shock troopers were deployed during the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY.
The shock troopers wore stormtrooper armor with distinctive red markings on the helmet, spaulders, shin guards, and utility belts which maintained extreme resistance to small-arms blaster fire. However, some of them still wore the armor model of their Clone Wars-era predecessors well into the Galactic Civil War. Often being deployed in pairs, the stormtrooper variant served mainly as a support unit, taking vantage points, occasionally driving tanks and suppressing enemies with their heavy firepower while lesser infantry moved in for the kill. The arsenal at their disposal included a DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle, a DLT-20A laser rifle or a rocket launcher.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 8
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 9
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 16 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 20
- Star Wars: Commander (First identified as Imperial shock trooper)
- Star Wars Battlefront
Notes and references
- ↑ Star Wars Black Series 6" - Battlefront Imperial Shock Trooper. Retrieved on October 24, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10