The Imperial torture device was a mechanism that was used for torture and interrogation. An individual would be strapped down in front of an array of torturing instruments and slowly lowered down toward the instruments. During the Imperial Era, Darth Vader used the torture device to torture Han Solo and lure Luke Skywalker to Cloud City.
Behind the scenes
The Imperial torture device first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. The device was first identified in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization.
- "The Trouble at Tibrin, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 5
- Darth Vader (2015) 1 (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization (First identified as Imperial torture device)
- "The Witness"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader (2020) 12 (In flashback(s))