- "Burn them out."
- ―Moff Gideon, to a Death trooper about summoning an incinerator trooper
The incinerator troopers, also known as the Incinerator Stormtroopers, more simply as the Incinerators, or colloquially as the Burners, were a class of stormtrooper active during the reign of the Galactic Empire and after its fall. Wielding powerful flamethrower weaponry, the troopers were regarded as one of the most devastating of the Stormtrooper Corps' specialized contingents. Incinerator troopers would set enemies and their fortifications ablaze with their flamethrower equipment.
This stormtrooper was equipped with standard issue stormtrooper armor with red markings, a pauldron, and a flamethrower with a backpack. Their armor was resistant to heat, which allowed the troopers to withstand abnormal temperatures.
The incinerator trooper class was used by Moff Gideon's Imperial remnant; one was deployed during a skirmish on Nevarro after Gideon ordered his forces to burn Din Djarin, Greef Karga, Cara Dune, IG-11, and Grogu out of the cantina.
In the initial onslaught, the incinerator trooper managed to burn through the door of the cantina as well as the nearby surroundings. The stormtrooper then stepped inside where they activated their flamethrower once more, directly at the group led by Djarin, but the Child used the Force to stop the flames and direct them back at the stormtrooper. In the ensuing inferno, the stormtrooper was burned to death and their corpse landed outside of the cantina.
Behind the scenes
The incinerator trooper made its canon debut in the 2019 Disney+ television show The Mandalorian, and was first named in a Star Wars: The Black Series toy by Hasbro Inc.. They originated from the Star Wars Legends continuity, where they appeared in the 2008 video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- "The Witness"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only) (First identified as Burner)
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel
- The Mandalorian: A Clan of Two
- The Mandalorian: This is the Way
- (First pictured)
- (First identified as Incinerator Stormtrooper)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- "The Imperial Troops" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (First identified as Incinerator)
- "Prize Giveaway!"—Star Wars Insider 200
- (First identified as incinerator trooper)