Industrial Intelligence, sometimes called Industrial Intellect, was a corporation that specialized in the creation of droid brains and the programming of artificial intelligence into droids. In the later years of the Old Republic, Industrial Intelligence was victim to a hostile takeover by the Automata Galactica corporation. The company was then renamed Industrial Automaton. In an effort to sabotage the new company, Corporate leaders at the now defunct Industrial Intelligence locked up many of their industrial secrets in almost uncrackable codes. It is rumored that the complicated coding of the locked files was done by a Givin employee of the company.
- "The History of R-Series Astromech Droids"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (MAN1, Droid Manufacturers)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (As Industrial Intellect)