Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I is a 48-page reference book that covers the locations of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. It was written by Kristin Lund and illustrated by Hans Jenssen and Richard Chasemore, and published October 1, 2000.
Uncover the inside story of all the amazing locations from Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in this stunning new addition to DK's best-selling Star Wars series. Peer right into the buildings, trace the routes of the characters, and learn all the facts about the planets and locales of the movie. To produce this definitive guide, the DK team was given access to the original blueprints, scale drawings, and models for Episode I stored at Skywalker Ranch, Lucasfilm headquarters in California. Absolute accuracy and authority was ensured by the close involvement of insiders at Lucasfilm. With the addition of dozens of never-seen-before stills from the movie, illustrated maps and Kristin Lund's detailed, wide-ranging text, this book is the only reference work to provide Star Wars fans with all the background to the places and locations of Episode I.
A number of elements introduced in this book were later contradicted by other sources.
- The planet Naboo is said to have only one moon, when it in fact has three
- Tatooine is said to have two moons instead of three.
- Coruscant is stated to have hosted three original cultures that waged war on one another, when in fact it was only the Zhell and the Taung
- The Mos Espa Circuit spread states that Anakin's Podracer engines overheated during the final lap of the race at Jett's Chute, but this event clearly occurs at Arch Canyon in the film.
- Portions of the coverage for the Droid Control Ship erroneously imply that it was the Saak'ak instead of the Vuutun Palaa
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- "Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Episode I (article)"—Star Wars Insider 51