The Interdictor-class Star Destroyer was an Interdictor vessel and Star Destroyer used by the Galactic Empire that was capable of emitting an interdiction field to pull passing ships out of hyperspace. It was used against the rebellion around 4 BBY, and several featured as part of the Seventh Fleet.
The Interdictor-class Star Destroyer possessed four spherical gravity well projectors, which contained equipment to pull a number of ships out of hyperspace. Superficially it vaguely resembled an Imperial-class Star Destroyer. It was 1,129 meters in length and could achieve a speed of 975 kilometers per hour. It was equipped with a class 2 hyperdrive as well as a deflector shield generator. The Interdictor-class was armed with twenty quad laser cannons, and outfitted with escape pods. It could maintain a complement of twenty-four TIE starfighters deployed from one ventral hangar bay opening. Interdictor-class Star Destroyers were crewed by 2,800 personnel, including Imperial officers, Imperial weapons technicians, and stormtroopers.
A prototype Interdictor-class was tested in the Del Zennis system in 4 BBY,[source?] under the command of Admiral Brom Titus. After pulling the rebel ship Liberator out of hyperspace, the crew was imprisoned. However, they escaped and sabotaged the ship, destroying it in the process of their escape.
Two were later used by Grand Admiral Thrawn's Seventh Fleet during its assault on Atollon. However, the Star Destroyer under the command of Admiral Kassius Konstantine was drawn out of position by an approaching rebel Quasar Fire-class cruiser-carrier. The carrier deliberately collided with the Interdictor, destroying both ships, to allow Ezra Bridger's Gauntlet to escape and seek reinforcements. The other Star Destroyer was later destroyed by a Mandalorian strike team from Clan Wren, brought by Bridger.
During the Galactic Civil War, an Interdictor-class Star Destroyer fought alongside other Imperial forces against an MC75 star cruiser, at least two EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigates, and other Rebel Alliance forces. At the time of the Battle of Jakku, one of the last Interdictor-class Star Destroyers, the Spectral, guarded the shipyards of Fondor, before the fall of the planet to the New Republic. The ship left for Jakku, but was brought down by the efforts of Bak Rychuk and his droid Zeetoo, and crashed on the surface.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Interdictor-class Star Destroyer first appeared in "Stealth Strike," an episode of the second season of Star Wars Rebels. Although similar in appearance to the Immobilizer 418 cruiser from Star Wars Legends, it shares the name of the Legends Interdictor-class Star Destroyer.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode I
- "The Ghost Ship"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Wreckage only)
- "Destroyer Down"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (First identified as Interdictor-class Star Destroyer)
- Star Wars: Armada – Interdictor Expansion Pack
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- TIE Fighter Owners' Workshop Manual
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Armada – Interdictor Expansion Pack
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 5.18 5.19 Star Wars Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- ↑ Rebellion in the Rim Campaign Expansion
- ↑ "The Ghost Ship"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down
- ↑ Imperial Sourcebook
- ↑ Onslaught at Arda I