- "You're weakening. You decide when the pain will stop. Just give me the information."
"No droid will ever break me."
- ―An interrogator droid and Even Piell
Interrogator droids, also referred to as Interrogation droids or torture droids, were droids designed to coax sensitive information out of an individual by inflicting extreme pain upon them. Some models, such as the IT-O Interrogation Unit, used mind probes to torture their victims. They often tormented fellow droids as well. Torture droids often had sadistic personalities, seemingly enjoying the suffering they caused others.
Interrogator droids were a common sight in Separatist prisons during the Clone Wars. They could also be found in Imperial military installations during the reign of the Galactic Empire. These droids also found their way into the hands of crime lords such as Jabba the Hutt, who had a torture chamber located in the bowels of his palace. A torture droid named J0-N0 worked for the bounty hunter Cad Bane. Nearly thirty years after the Battle of Endor, a new model of interrogator droid was utilized by the First Order under the command of Kylo Ren.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Zander's Joyride"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Escape from Coruscant"
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First identified as Interrogator droid)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"