The Intersystem Transport Ship, also known as the I-TS, was a class of transport ship used by the Resistance. The ship was built by Corellian Engineering Corporation and primarily used as a long-haul cargo and troop transport. It was equipped with forward and rear guns to defend against pirates. The vehicle was also equipped with a hyperdrive. The versatility of the vessel made it indispensable for the Resistance and critical for transporting troops between bases.
An individual I-TS designated Cargo vessel TR141 was once stationed at the Resistance encampment at the ancient ruins just outside the Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, but was later captured by a First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
Behind the scenesEdit
This transport was first seen as part of a model of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge revealed by Disney. Concept art and information about the transport was revealed during a panel at a "Galactic Nights" event at Disney Hollywood Studios on May 27th 2018. It was realized as a full scale ship in the theme park as part of the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction, during which guests board the ship for one segment of the ride. The interior of the ship is actually one of three identical rooms that rotate on a turntable to bring guests into the Star Destroyer hangar, similar in function to Disney's Carousel of Progress show.
The first official appearance of the ship was actually in the form of schematics in the Star Wars: Datapad game, which went live before the ride's opening on December 5, 2019 at Disney Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Rise of the Resistance"
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Rise of the Resistance
- Star Wars: Datapad – "Intersystem Transport Ship" (Screenshots: 1, 2) (First appearance) (First identified as Intersystem Transport Ship)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 PHOTOS: Expanded Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Model Debuts at Walt Disney Presents in Hollywood Studios at Blog Mickey
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Datapad
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu Google Preview (Spanish)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the land.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Rise of the Resistance