- "Master, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead. The one crawling with vulture droids."
- ―Anakin Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Towards the end of the Clone Wars, Grievous used the Invisible Hand in several skirmishes, but he was eventually ordered to attack the Galactic Republic's capital, the Core World of Coruscant. During the battle, Grievous captured Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine and brought him to the warship. However, Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker boarded the vessel to rescue Palpatine, and Skywalker killed Count Dooku (secretly the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus), who had been holding the Chancellor hostage. Unbeknownst to them, the entire event had been orchestrated by Palpatine, who was secretly Darth Sidious. The group was captured and escorted to the bridge of the Invisible Hand, where they were confronted by Grievous. Grievous intended to slay them, but ultimately could only escape, attempting to sabotage the ship and jettisoning the vessel's escape pods and eventually being picked up by the Profusion. Skywalker was able to land the vessel on Coruscant, though it suffered catastrophic damage and would likely never fly again.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Invisible Hand first appeared in Labyrinth of Evil, a direct prequel novel to Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The events of this book are, however, now considered part of the continuity of Star Wars Legends and not official canon. Despite being portrayed in other media as General Grievous's flagship towards the end of the Clone Wars, the Invisible Hand was never seen in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, in which Grievous was heavily featured as a character.
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Expert Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Helmets: General Grievous; Highlights of the Saga: Kidnap of the Chancellor)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 1 (Droid Directory: R2-series Astromech Droids, Part 1) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Dark Side
- (Picture only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- (Indirect mention only)
- ; images #32, 33 (of 41)
- (First identified as Invisible Hand)
- ; image #14 (of 30)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"