The Ion bomb was reputed by Qui-Gon Jinn to be most the destructive explosive in the galaxy. Boxes of ion bombs stored around a planet exploding at the same time; the reaction could destroy a planet. It was a bomb that used ion energy to disrupt electronics and cause malfunctions.
They were primitive but very effective. They were mainly for use in atmospheric combat, due to the fin-stabilized guidance system.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival (First appearance)
- The Eyes of Revolution
- Starfighter: Crossbones 2
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Geonosis Saga"
- X-Wing: Iron Fist (Mentioned only)
- Legacy (2006) 47
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – K-wing Expansion Pack (Card: Ion Bombs)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Punisher Expansion Pack (Card: Ion Bombs)