- "Everyone to the Palace! Del's going to get inside and detonate an ion pulse."
"The Queen took precautions before the Clone Wars to keep Naboo safe from future invasions. An ion pulse that would disable any threat outside the palace."
"Won't that fry our weapons?"
"Not if we're in the Palace."
- ―Leia Organa and Del Meeko
An ion pulse was a type of warhead. An ion pulse was installed on Naboo, following the Trade Federation's invasion of the planet in 32 BBY. It disabled any threat that was outside the Theed Royal Palace upon its activation. Its installation began during the reign of Queen Padmé Amidala and continued under the reign of Queen Réillata, though it was publicly opposed by Captain Quarsh Panaka, who wanted more robust defenses. Quarsh's opposition to the pulse resulted in a damaged relationship with Amidala and politicians who supported it, which by 28 BBY had never fully recovered. It also put a strain on his marriage, as his wife Mariek was also in favor of the pulse.
Following the Battle of Endor and the death of Emperor Palpatine in 4 ABY, Operation: Cinder, a contingency order issued posthumously by Palpatine to render worlds inhospitable in the event of his death, was carried out on Naboo. During the ensuing battle, the pulse was activated by the Rebel Alliance, disabling all Imperial weapons and forcing them to surrender to the rebel forces present.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra: An Audiobook Original
- Star Wars 19 (First appearance)
- Doctor Aphra 36 (Appears through imagination)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- "Kidnapped!"—Star Wars Adventures 24
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Shadow Fall
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Queen's Shadow
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars 19
- ↑ Star Wars 19 takes place after the Alliance to Restore the Republic's victory at Yavin, which is featured in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY and states is the zero point of the galactic calendar. The issue also takes place prior to the assault on the Mako-Ta Space Docks, which Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition dates to around one year after the Battle of Yavin, meaning that it takes place in 1 ABY. Therefore, this event must take place between 0 ABY and 1 ABY.