The ion rifle was a type of ion gun that fired ion energy instead of blaster bolts. This type of energy disrupted electrical systems, making it an effective weapon against droids, vehicles, electronic devices, and cybernetically enhanced creatures. It was larger and more powerful that the ion pistol.
Variants of the ion rifle included the Baragwin Ion-X weapon, an experimental weapon of Baragwin design modified by Rodian merchant Suvam Tan. Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. produced another couple variants, namely the the Destructive Electromagnetic Pulse Ion Carbine and the Destructive Electromagnetic Pulse 2 ion carbine.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia