An ion stunner pistol, also known as an ion flare gun, was a small weapon, identifiable by a focusing dish on its barrel. When operated, it would fire a short ion flash capable of temporarily disrupting electronic devices. This made it particularly adept at disabling security doors and droids.
It was often used by thugs in Coruscant's underworld. During robberies, thugs could also use the ion stunner on organic beings to disorient them. The stunner is also popular with the "street smart" on the under-levels of Republic Capital. It was also used on the Avatar Orbital Platform during the Galactic Civil War.
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 97 (COR37, Coruscant - Animals)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "ion stunner")
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Ion Stunner Pistol)