Irateq was the manufacturer of the RQ 550C Dart Podracer. The Podracer was known for its extreme agility and acceleration, though as a trade off, the vehicle was very fragile and could wreck easily. During the year 32 BBY, the Podracer pilot "Bullseye" Navior favored the Irateq Dart and used it extensively on Podraces located on the planet Aquilaris.
Behind the scenesEdit
Irateq was first mentioned in the 1999 video game Star Wars: Episode I Racer, acting as the name of the manufacturer for the RQ 550C Dart Podracer, though in-game, the vehicle was commonly referred to simply as the Irateq Dart. The company was also mentioned in the game's two strategy guides, though the company's backstory was not expanded on.
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Episode I: Racer: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace to the year 32 BBY. The racing season presented in the game Star Wars: Episode I Racer must have taken place during this year due to the appearances of Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, and R2-D2 on Tatooine, which correspond to The Phantom Menace.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I: Racer - Nintendo 64 - IGN. IGN. IGN Entertainment, Inc. (2014). Archived from the original on November 18, 2016. Retrieved on July 3, 2018.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I: Racer: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Racer: Prima's Official Strategy Guide