The Ithorians, commonly referred to as hammerheads, were a sentient species from the planet Ithor. They also had at least one settlement on the planet Takobo, known as Hammertown. Their natural habitat was forest or jungle. They had a unique set of twin mouths on opposite sides of their necks. They were called leathernecks as an insult by Imperial stormtroopers. Their unique throat structure prevented them from speaking Galactic Basic Standard, although an Ithorian technician appeared to be able to speak it. There were a number of devices that allowed translation from Ithorese into Basic. The Ottegan species were a genetic offshoot of the Ithorians, and had a similar physiology.
Most Ithorians were peaceful and revered nature. The species' pacifism was so strong that they exiled violent individuals from their homeworld of Ithor. They considered Ithor sacred and strictly prohibited hunting on Ithor.
Ithorians in the Galaxy
Ithorians could be found spread across the galaxy, even on planets devoid of vegetation such as Coruscant and Tatooine. This philosophy of respect for nature extended to funerary practices with the phrase "We Wither to Bloom" being found on Ithorian tombstones.[source?]
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Chase with Han/Escape with Chewbacca"
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Dealing with Lando/Han and Chewie Strike Back"
Notes and references
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- "Eyes on the Prize"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 6
- A Crash of Fate
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary