Iziz was the capital city of the planet Onderon and the location of Unifar Temple. Iziz was surrounded by large walls, which the human population used to protect themselves from the dangerous jungles that covered the planet. The city was occupied by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, after the planet's ruler, King Sanjay Rash, allied with the Separatists. The Onderon rebels were active in the city to oppose the Separatists, and ultimately overthrew Rash and replaced him with the former king, Ramsis Dendup.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The city of Iziz first appeared in the 1993 Star Wars Legends comic Tales of the Jedi: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon. It went onto appear prominently in the 2004 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. The city was brought into canon in "A War on Two Fronts," the second episode of the fifth season of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Front Runners"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 57 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Onderon)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – HMP Droid Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)