- "Attention all flight personnel, report to your commanders immediately. We have been redirected to Scarif."
- ―J1-B2's stored memory from Yavin
J1-B2 was an R-series astromech droid, manufactured by Industrial Automaton, that once spent time on Yavin 4. The droid later belonged to the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu during the war between the First Order and Resistance. At some point after the Battle of Crait, J1-B2 was displayed alongside BB-series astromech droids MB-12 and JB-9 in an alcove behind one of the counters in the depot. It had silver, black and white paneling and a black sensor.
Behind the scenesEdit
J1-B2 was created as a prop in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park on May 31, 2019. An earlier version of Star Wars: Datapad referred to this droid as GK-77, but a later version changed the name to J1-B2.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R-series droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge depicts J1-B2 as a R-series droid, these characteristics must also apply to it.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As J1-B2 is depicted as a astromech droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, it must also be a second class droid.